Fri, Oct 07|
Grief Group - Disciples InMotion
Thank you for choosing to participate in the Grief Journey In Motion Group. To often, we do praise and worship together, but we grieve alone. This should not be the case within the church!
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2022, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Columbia, 3100 Pioneer Dr, Columbia, MO 65202, USA
About the Event
- We will order you a Grief Journey in Motion: Timothy Sumerlin, Ph.D., Toney Mulhollan: 9781941988497: Amazon.com: Books for $16.99.
This grief recovery is a group for disciple men and women that struggle with grief. We will be walking through video tapes and processing outloud together. This facilitation will be led by Ron Aradanas and is overseen by Janus Abello
This group is:
- A place to be taught Biblical truths about grief
- A place to be encouraged, inspired, and challenged
- A safe place to learn deeper insights into God’s word and to process grief together
- A place to learn together as disciples
This group is not:
- A replacement for discipling or meetings of the body
- A replacement for therapy
- Group therapy
- A place to get a diagnosis or treatment
What do I need to do to join?
- If you are not currently receiving counseling, be able and willing to start counseling if needed (you do not have to have any specific diagnosis)
- Be committed to meeting for 6 weeks straight on the first Fridays from 7:30-9pm (unless holidays or important events cause us to reschedule)
- Be committed to completing reading and other “homework” assignments between meetings
- Be committed to confidentiality
- Understand that if anyone shares an intention to harm themselves or others, we must take you to the hospital or call 911 for your own safety.
- Also understand if you confess something substantial in nature we will encourage you to share as well with the person who disciples you
- Talk to Ron Aradanas for more information!
- Ticket type
Disciples In Motion
This fee covers the cost of your book!Price$16.99
+$0.42 service fee+$0.42 service fee